We are incredibly pleased to confirm that training can resume on Sunday 6 December.
Not only are we back playing rugby, we have moved from Phase D to Phase E on the Return to Community Rugby Roadmap ( https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/c1/c197c112-0e21-4d57-b8d5-64bbe788b4c6/RUGBY%20RESTART%20ROAD%20MAP%20STAGE%20E.pdf )
This may sound strange, coming out of a lockdown and being able to do more. The reality is that we were close to a move to Phase E but were overtaken by the lockdown.
So, what does this mean:
We can now move to 2 x 10 minute blocks of contact training OR games
No longer limited to groups of 6 for contact
U18's can move between tiers for exercise. Even between T2 and T3 should an area close to us move into a different tier. (Not looking at you, city of Oxford!)
We can play contact fixtures from 18 December onwards
Tags and tag belts can be used again
Despite all that good news and the euphoria around the vaccine we have to remember that the virus is still here and doing a lot of damage. It will be weeks or months before most of us will get vaccinated given that the majority of children and parents are not clinically vulnerable. With that in mind we want to stress that the following safety measures are still in place:
- Ensure you have completed your pre-screening questionnaire and registered on Spond, for track and trace purposes.
- Please confirm your attendance each week, via Spond.
- Staggered start time, please arrive on-time for your session:
Small Blacks, U7, U8, U9, U10 - Sunday 09:30 - 10:30 (10:45 for U10).
U11, U12, U13, U14, U15 - Sunday 11:00 - 12:15
- On arrival, please pass through the registration zone then follow the one-way system we have in place.
- Sanitise your hands at every opportunity.
- Wear a mask when going to the toilets in the clubhouse, or where you are not able to socially distance.
- Leave promptly, to avoid congestion in the registration zone and car park.
- The rule of 6 applies to anyone not on a pitch (parents or children on the touch line, walking around the site
Additionally we have decided not to play any fixtures before the new year and we will continually re-evaluate this.
Thank you for following the safety measures and I hope to see as many of you as possible on Sunday, in groups of 6 of course :-)